Skip to content

Sublingual Immunotherapy (SLIT)

Immunotherapy may be an appropriate
method of treating some allergic conditions
including hay fever and/or house dust mite allergy.

This treatment is a safe way to train the immune system to become less sensitive to the allergen which reduces allergic symptoms over a period of time.

Your specialist will discuss if this option is for your child.

It involves taking a very small dose of an allergen sublingually (under the tongue).

The first dose of the allergen is always administered under the medical supervision of your specialist. Your child will need to wait for 45 mins after administration to observe for any possible reactions.